Baby Massage classes are held at Preggi Central on the last Friday of each month commencing at 11am till 12.30pm with our midwife Louise Paterson:
- Learn why touch is so important to your newborn
- How it can help with pain or discomfort
- When to do massage – learn about baby’s cues
- How to get the environment right.
- The importance of “tummy time”.
- Introduction to massage of legs and stomach (including colic routine).
- Learn some basic baby reflex techniques, and,
- Get to keep Louise’s “6 step approach to wind, reflux and colic”.
What you need:
Baby’s changing mat, thick one if poss, soft towel and changing materials.
Things to know:
- Oil will be provided by Louise.
- Baby will need top up feed before massage so come at least 15mins early to allow for this.
- Baby will also need a feed post massage since it usually stimulates their circulatory and therefore their digestive systems.
Contact Preggi Central (03) 9785 3001 or CMS 0420 559 746 for bookings, prices and enquiries.